We’re excited that one of the UK’s hottest electronic music promoters Troupe are joining us to Rock the Snow this winter.
Regularly hosting parties in London, Bristol and Ibiza Troupe have hosted nights with some of the hottest breakthrough DJ’s from MK and ShadowChild to Huxley and Cyril Hahn.
With their parties on the piste in Meribel this winter they’ll be pulling out all the stops
Don’t miss out
Find out more at http://www.troupelondon.com/
The UK’s biggest rock n roll party Propaganda are heading to Meribel to Rock the Snow this winter!
With regular events across the UK, Ireland (and now in Australia and South America) Propaganda has become home to some of the UK’s most important bands with live shows and DJ sets from the likes of Mumford and Sons, The Vaccines, Bloc Party, Ed Sheeran, Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Rizzle Kicks, Bloc Party and many more in the last year
Having bossed all the major festivals including Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds, V Festival, Benicassim and Bestival we cant wait to see what they bring to the slopes of Meribel this winter
Find out more at http://www.thepropaganda.com/
The Snow has hit in Meribel!!
This is music to our ears at Rocks HQ! There’s just over 4 weeks to go until Rocks takes the party to the piste for our first Winter adventure and we cannot wait!
As well as the snow falling thick and fast, we’re super excited about the opening of Hotel Le Mottaret. It’s undergone a huge refurb and will be opening exclusively for Ibiza Rocks the Snow on the 14th December.
It’s going to be one hell of a party pad and here’s 10 reasons why you should get involved:
1) One of the main event sites for Ibiza Rocks the Snow daily terrace sessions at Cafe Del Mott with Ibiza Rocks resident DJs providing the soundtrack to your afternoon on the piste, with panoramic mountain views.
2) Exclusive discounted rates - Save up to £100 per person on standard rates when booking our Ibiza Rocks the Snow packages.
3) All meals and unlimited drinks included!* - all you can eat breakfast with hot and cold options, all day brunch, lunch on our brand new terrace, five course dinner, and unlimited local alcoholic and soft drinks served every day until 10pm. It’s the only all-inclusive hotel in Meribel and is a huge money saver as eating and drinking in resort can be pricey! Half board option is also available *Served every day 10am until 10pm.
4) Newly refurbished this winter! - The hotel has recently had a huge renovation, opening its doors for the first time following the refurbishment for Ibiza Rocks the Snow on 14 December. Theres a brand new bar area and restaurant; Cafe del Mott which has a large terrace area with all day BBQ serving burgers, steaks and many more delicious dishes. Every bedroom has also been updated, with the majority now having a private balcony.
5) Centrally located in heart of Three Valleys - The hotel is perfectly positioned with the best access to Meribel, Courchevel, La Tania and Val Thorens. Ski in and ski out of its central location, with direct access to the slopes with a green Ski Run taking you directly into Meribel town centre.
6) Open air Jacuzzi - After a hard day of skiing, relax in the hotel Jacuzzi. Open every day until 10pm!
7) Takeaway picnic lunches available - If you’re not planning on coming back to the hotel for lunch, the hotel restaurant can prepare you a picnic lunch…another money saver around resort.
8) WiFi is available throughout the hotel, and in all bedrooms.
9) Free bus shuttle service - A shuttle service to and from the centre of Meribel resort is available just outside the hotel.
10) Onsite Ski Hire shop - Should you need to hire any equipment, or have any troubles with your pre-hired kit, just pop next door to the hire shop.
Tipped by just about everyone and their dog to go stratospheric sooner rather than later is young star Lorde. A winning combination of a heavenly voice and wisdom filled lyrics that belie her years mean you will be seeing and hearing A LOT of this New Zealander in 2014
Her tunes ‘Royals’ and ‘Tennis’ have been on heavy rotation in Rocks HQ for a while and last week she hit the number one spot in the UK charts and amassed a huge 7 million Soundcloud plays… Oh yeah, did we mention she’s 16 years old?
Check out Royals below
The latest addition to the impressive Chess Club records roster North London four piece Wolf Alice are setting the new music world alight at the moment being named ones to watch by The Fly, championed by Radio 1 new music don Zane Lowe and featured in this weeks NME… Checking in to see them at Camden’s Dingwalls last night to see just what all the fuss was about we weren’t disappointed.
From having followed the Londoners for a little while now the sound of Wolf Alice appears to have undergone a radical transformation in 2013. Having started out life making harmony fuelled pop-folk music with an almost blues-rock edge as a trio on their debut E.P it sounds to us (with the addition of a new band member) there was a point in the rehearsal room where they turned the amps up to 11 and never looked back. If this show was anything to go by the new sound of Wolf Alice is louder, heavier and in your face yet somehow still manages to retain some of that folky sense of atmosphere.
100% ones to watch in 2014 we’d love to see them on the Rocks stage!
Darlia only appeared on the Rocks radar a couple of months ago but already, with their brand of fast paced punk rock, have become one of our favourite bands of the moment.
Breaking out of Blackpool the trio of Nathan Day, Dave Williams and Jack Bentham are frequently compared to Nirvana (probably due to Day’s bleach blonde hair and tendency for a black and white photograph) but we think their sound is more a cross between Kurt Cobain’s outift, Birmingham indie rockers Peace and newcomers Splashh
Talked up already by the NME, Zane Lowe and Fearne Cotton on Radio 1 as well as heading out on tour with Deap Vally and The Family Rain before the end of the year expect these guys to be blaring from radios and festival speakers next summer for sure
Rocks the Snow has teamed up with the SnowAngels (the ultimate mountain restaurant and apres ski guide) to give you lowdown on what Meribel has to offer slope side. Check out their insider tips on the ultimate après experiences….
You have to start at La Folie Douce, just below the Saulire lift. Hardly an insider tip, but let’s face it - there’s a reason we all go here. With the party starting nice and early, it’s the perfect place to kick off your evening and experience the Rolls Royce of straight from the slopes après. Once you’ve heard the daily cabaret, it’s time to ski/slide down to the Ronnie. There’s a 4-5pm happy hour here, live bands, and a fantastic, up-for-it atmosphere. Don’t be surprised if you’re crowd surfing by 6pm.
Alternatively head down into Meribel Village and set up camp at the Lodge du Village, or LDV. The legendary shots of toffee vodka make a great change from jagerbombs. There’s a 4-6pm happy hour here too, a sun terrace for blue sky days, live music, free wifi and big screens showing 24/7 sport. And if you’re ready for food, these guys know how to do pizzas. They’re huge and cheap too by Meribel standards. After dark this place really goes off, so don’t be surprised if you wake up the next morning wearing someone else’s clothes, wondering where on earth you left your other ski boot and your dignity.
If you’re in the market for after dinner après head to the legendary Dicks Tea Bar, things get messy here until the early hours. Make sure you get here early though, you don’t want to be freezing your ass of queuing in the cold. Doors open at 11pm. If you didn’t take an earlier food stop or you’re in the market for an end-of-the-night dirty food hit, then there’s a Pizza Express in here too – winner!
If you’re on a tighter budget head to Mountain Burger, near the Sherpa supermarket, their signature blue cheese and bacon burger is less than 5€.
For more après ski info hit them up at www.snowangel.co.uk
W.A.R! fans listen up! For this weeks introducing set your friday off right with the first track from Cardiff based DJ duo Bodhi. With 250k Soundcloud plays in just 20 days on ‘Imperfection’, their first official release on the awesome Future Classic label, expect this to be pumping out the speakers at every House night you can name over the next few weeks and months
Ones to watch for 2014 they have just finished touring with Rocks favourites Bondax but you can still catch them live this month at London’s Bussey Building. We’ll be there!